1) Heat the coconut milk in a sauce pan over the stove top until warm to the touch.
2) Add the yeast, coconut sugar, shortening, and warm coconut milk in the bowl of an electric mixer, with a dough hook or paddle attachment mix for about 2 minutes.
3) Add the egg and mix well, then combine in a separate bowl the hazelnut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt together mix well to combine and then add to wet ingredients in the mixer.
4) Beat at low speed for 1-2 mins to mix in the flour and then turn up the speed to medium until everything has mixed well.
5) Scrape out with a spatula and form into a ball place in a glass bowl and put aside in a warm place to proof for about 45 mins ~1 hour.
6) Preheat oven to 350
7) Once proofed place the ball of dough on a sheet of parchment paper on your counter and press the dough into a large disk about 1/2 in. thick.
8) Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top of the disk and lightly press them in to the dough, then cut wedges with a large knife.
9) Place the wedges on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 mins.
10) Enjoy your scones with a glass of coconut or almond milk.
Hello my name is Sheena and I'm The Paleo Fox Blogger, recipe developer, and chef. It's been a long journey of being sick and then getting well with the paleo diet. I have a passion and need to stay healthy by creating delicious easy paleo recipes. so if you love delicious food that's easy to make and helps heal you too. Then I hope you enjoy my blog!