Happy Worlds chocolate day! Yep that’s right July 7th is the day we celebrate chocolate all over the world!
To celebrate I made these amazing! Dark chocolate cardamom spiced french madeleine cakes.
Because it’s world chocolate day I looked up a few interesting things about chocolate
1. Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one~third.
2. the smell of chocolate has been found to increase theta brain waves~which triggers relaxation.
3. In Mayan times the cocoa bean was used as currency as it was considered to be worth more than gold dust. Cultivation of the beans was restricted so the value of cocoa beans as money would not go down.
4. White chocolate isn’t real chocolate, in order to be classified as real chocolate, a product has to contain cocoa solids or cocoa liquor. White “chocolate” contains only cocoa butter instead.
5. Europeans love chocolate, according to the International Cocoa Organization, Europeans account for almost half the world’s chocolate consumption. They estimate the average Brit, Swiss, or German eat 24 lbs ~11kg of chocolate a year.
6. You can die if you eat too much chocolate, Chocolate contains high levels of a powerful stimulant called ‘theobromine’. Theobromine poisoning can cause heart failure, seizures, acute kidney damage and dehydration. How much is to much? about 22 lbs so be like the europeans and spread it out all year instead of eating it all at once. lol
7. Chocolate can help control insulin sensitivity ~ In a small Italian study, participants who ate a candy bar’s worth of dark chocolate once a day for 15 days saw their potential for insulin resistance drop by nearly half. “Flavonoids increase nitric oxide production, And that helps control insulin sensitivity.”
~So my husband’s got it right! lol ~ he eats a lot of chocolate everyday.~
Well there you have it a perfect excuse to bake these delicious chocolate cakes and eat them all!